To facilitate higher education institutions to transition to healthier and sustainable campus food environments
The Campus Food Environments Action Team is a network of higher education researchers and professionals working to improve the healthiness and sustainability of campus food environments.
- Build a network that collaboratively undertakes activities and shares knowledge to accelerate changes in campus food environments
- Assess campus food environments against best practice standards to generate interest and commitment to change, among the higher education sector, and to inform the development of mechanisms to facilitate action
- Support higher education institutions to implement policies and strategies to improve the healthiness and sustainability of campus food environments
The work of the Action Team will be undertaken in two main stages:
Stage 1 will focus on building experience and expertise to enable the team to define best practice standards for campus food environments and assess progress of higher education institutions against these standards.
Activities will include:
- Recruiting members to the Action Team from a broad range of higher education institutions and expertise areas (e.g. facilities management, health promotion, researchers)
- Defining elements of a healthy and sustainable campus food environment and developing best practice standards
- Supporting a baseline assessment of the healthiness and sustainability of food environments of Victorian universities
Stage 2 will focus on developing resources and other support mechanisms to facilitate higher education institutions to transition to healthier and more sustainable campus food environments.
Activities under stage 2 will be determined at a later date and will be partially informed by the results of assessments conducted in stage 1.
Action Team Members
Membership of the Action Team is open to all individuals conducting work in, or related to, campus food environments. Members will provide strategic direction, as well as expertise and feedback on Action Team activities. It is anticipated that members will meet every 1 to 2 months, via teleconference.
If you are interested in joining this Action Team or have any questions, please get in touch.